Tuesday 5 September 2017

Cafe Athena in El Nido Palawan

I went to El Nido with few information about the place. I started strolling around the area the next day to get breakfast. And I found this cafe by the sea. I asked the lady who works here if I can take a picture of the menu. She said that they aren't allowing anyone to take photo unless you'll dine then gave me a sweeping look from head to toe. It's hard not to be offended. I am wearing my jammies as I walk around El Nido. Yes! I am wearing my jammies while others are almost naked.





Cafe Athena interior


Cafe Athena interior

I am getting hungry and I want to relax. I entered the cafe with all the staff looking at me or maybe on my jammies. I sat down on where I can have a full view of the sea ignoring the rude staff. I politely asked for the menu and ordered something light for breakfast. I had Bruschetta, Pumpkin soup and vitamin C shake. I like everything here except for the staff. I travelled 6 hours from Puerto Princesa Airport going here just to be greeted by these not-so-friendly people.


Bruschetta, Pumpkin soup and vitamin C shake

I spent 2 hours eating my breakfast here at Cafe Athena while watching waves. It was a blissful moment and wishing to live there forever. I am missing El Nido.


© Andrea Paola Gutierrez

No comments:

Post a Comment

FLIGHT DETAILS: Booking Date: March 1, 2019 Travel Date: December 23, 2019 Destination: Manila to Osaka Fare: 9,458.00 php via Jetstar...